I haven't posted about this project for some time now. The reason for this is because I've been struggling to find the cause of an issue.Following my previous post where I had rebuilt the engine with a new head gasket and it was running again, I then managed one good drive before it started acting up again! The second time I took it out I drove to an exhaust specialist to have a silencer installed to try and quieten down the exhaust a bit. On the way there I noticed that at idle, if I wasn't careful the engine would idle so low that it would stall. This was really strange, had I messed something up that didn't appear straight...
If you’ve seen any of my previous posts, you will more than likely know that since taking ownership of the Laurel, I’ve been struggling with getting it in a running state. First it turned out the turbo was in need of some TLC, which Midlands Turbo rebuilt and upgraded for me. Then it seemed like… Continue Reading Lessons learned from rebuilding the RB
Since the weather turned wintery it has been difficult to get outside and figure out why the RB is still mixing coolant and oil. Thankfully, last weekend a chance finally arose as the skies stayed clear, so I got out there and after bolting the turbo back on (so that none of the coolant or… Continue Reading Diagnosing the RB … again.
Following on from my last post you might remember that after finding the turbo had started spewing fluids I had sent it off to Midland Turbo for a rebuild. The turn around by these guys was epic! it took them just 4 days to inspect, rebuild and send the unit back to me. As part… Continue Reading Project Laurel: She lives!
If you read my last post, I was rushing to make the Laurel ready for the August bank holiday drift day at Teesside. Sadly all my effort was in vain, We got the to the drift day just fine, but no sooner had I paid up and signed on, than I was getting my money… Continue Reading Project Laurel: Noooooooo!